This is big: new Girl Scout Journeys and badges are coming your way!
When girls, parents, and volunteers tell us what they want to do most, we listen. We’re always evaluating—and enhancing—what girls do, how they connect, and how they grow as Girl Scouts. And then, in true Girl Scout fashion, we take action to keep our program relevant and engaging.
This year, we added new Journeys and badges in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and the outdoors. Plus, we’re highlighting awards in global awareness and advocacy.
- Nine cybersecurity badges for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassadors where girls learn about the inner workings of computer technology and cybersecurity and apply concepts of safety and protection to the technology they use every date.
- Three Space Science badges for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador where girls explore topics such as the universe and their place in it, properties of light, and inspiring careers in space science.
- Think Like a Citizen Scientist, a Girl Scout Leadership Journey, for Cadette, Senior, Ambassador, and Multi-age level also girls to practice observation techniques, collect data, and share their findings with real world scientists through an online network.
- Eighteen Coding for Good badges allow girls to learn the basics of coding but also provides girls with opportunities to use their skills for good.
- Twelve Outdoor High Adventure badges designed for girls to explore nature and experience exciting outdoor adventures. These are the first Girl Scout badges that members can earn by choosing one of two self-directed paths.
- The first set of badges is Trail Adventure – for example Cadettes choose between a 3-mile trail run or a trail hiking challenge.
- The other badge gives girls the choice between Snow or Climbing Adventure – for example Brownies choose between cross-country skiing or rock climbing on a climbing wall.
Learn more about the 42 New Badges!