Thanksgiving Day in America is a time to offer thanks, a time for family gatherings and holiday meals. A time of turkeys, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. A time for us to give back to our fellow man, as well as your community.
At Girl Scouts of Central Illinois we are so fortunate to have awesome volunteers that help us move our mission in Girl Scouting forward. We could not do what we do with girls without our volunteers. Being a volunteer adds a tremendous amount of value to what we are accomplishing with our girls and program.
There are as many reasons to serve as there are people who serve. Volunteering is not just an altruistic act. It’s an opportunity to advance in all areas of your life. Here are a few of the things you can gain when you give your time and yourself:
- Connect with your community.
- Share your skills and gain new ones.
- Develop self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Meet new people from all walks of life.
- Promote a worthwhile organization or cause that is important to you.
- Feel needed and valued.
- Experience something new that you may not otherwise be able to do.
We give thanks for all our volunteers, past, present and future. We appreciate you opening your heart and sharing your time and talent with our organization. Our volunteers are our shining stars! You truly do make a difference in the lives of girls.